4 years ago TODAY I attended my 1st ever AA meeting. That was July 6, 2011
Please read yesterday’s post – 4YEARS
These are a few of the things I learned there
In the next few (7?) posts, I hope to unpack (ugh, I hate that word…) these a bit more, and try to explain why I feel AA expanded and deepened my relationship with “My Higher Power” Whom I call Jesus
Note : these are my thoughts and experiences. If Ur path is different, feel free to comment / share. AND – don’t take the title the wrong way, I love church! I grew up there. But there were some things I “just didn’t get.”
1) EVERYONE is welcome! Come! Just as U.R.
2) All I need is a desire…
3) EVERYONE is BROKEN!
4) I will never get so sober/well that I will outgrow the benefits of going to meetings
5) I’ll NEVER understand GOD… And that’s OK!
6) Sharing my brokenness in a place I discovered is safe provides an opportunity to heal
7) GOD is Bigger! and more Loving than I ever knew. Or imagined!